Ghost Grounds

Image 30 of 40
< Prev Next >

PT16_27997.jpg

The Junction of Ayresome Park Road, and Clive Road in Middlesbrough.  The site was the south east corner of Ayresome Park, home to Middlesbrough FC from 1903-1995. Middlesbrough's other football team, Ironopolis had a ground overlapping this site from 1889-1894. The record attendence was 14,000 on 18th February 1893 for an FA Cup match against Preston North End.